Friday, April 29, 2011

Yesterday, today and tomorrow


"That this may be a sign among you"...in different places in Scripture there is a specific spot, sign or stone that God wants to be a reminder to us so that..."when your children ask in time to come, what do these stones mean?" or "what is the meaning of this?" we can recall what God has done for us and in us.

The 'yesterday, today and tomorrow' plant (Brunfelsia latifolia) blooms in 3 different colors, white,  lilac and purple...three different flowers all at the same time.  It is one of God's unique and fragrant  beauties in South Africa.  It is a reminder to me of God's faithfulness in all the seasons of my life - the yesterdays, the todays and the tomorrows.  It prompts me to ask, 'what is the meaning of this' in the midst of hard times or good times.  It shows a sense of hope when I look back on my yesterdays and see in my trials that God is at work in me to bring transformation - perfecting in me that which He started.  It speaks hope into my todays to know God is still at work in me.  I have found Him faithful and ever present to bring out in me my unique purpose in life.  It gives hope and promise that God will be with my tomorrows...loving, teaching and guiding.  So that I can carry out the destiny He has planted in me...that I would be one of His unique and fragrant beauties in His creation - bringing His love and life to others.

I'm grateful for the specific spots, signs and stones that cause me to stop and reflect on God's activity in me and reminds me how faithful He is...yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Lynn






God's faithfulness...

No comments:

Post a Comment